It wasn't anything super fancy, but he gave his Blessing and I am SUPER excited to get going on this!
I know Christine likes the following:
- Vintage looking rings - anywhere between the 1920's - 1950's ring styles
- Her birth stone is Sapphire, and she's talked about how her mom and sister both have a mix of saph's and diamonds and how she likes that
- Her style is modest and creative rather than super gaudy or flashy. No princess stuff or massive stones with little bands...
- She's a size 7. I knew that was my lucky number all my life for a reason... to help me remember this haha.
- She likes wearing gloves in the winter, so a recessed stone rather than a standalone solitare may be a better choice so she doesn't have to take it off all the time when it gets cold out.
I want to design in CAD, 3D Print, and cast the ring, as well as choose and set the stone(s) for the ring. If I can't do all of those steps, that's fine, but I would love to be able to design this myself instead of going to a shop.
Talking with Scott Bailey now, a custom jewelry designer for some tips on where to start, and I'll be posting soon. He is an acquaintance turned friend who's helping me/I'm hiring for some professional advice on design parameters for the ring and setting and such. I'm SUPER stoked. He's a fantastic ring designer, so I can't wait to hear what he has to say.
I'll post soon with some prelim sketches for possible concepts!