I realize it's been a while since my last post, but with plans and all, it's been pretty busy to say the least.
If one can guess, my ring is the thicker band, and Christine's is the thin one. It may not be obvious, but there is a slight bend in the circular shape of her ring to seat/nest right next to the center stone of her engagement ring.
Scott helped us to design a few different concepts, including ones with tiny tiny tiny sapphires, but we decided to go simple and what we believed to be a bit more elegant- just metal.
We have gone through a few iterations of my ring as can be seen below:
The front silver one, is made from my Ultimaker FDM machine. It's quick- takes about 6 minutes to print. However, the plastic is oozing from a nozzle like a hot glue gun, so dimensions aren't as tight as the Form 1+, which is what we've been using. The FDM process is not precise, and certainly not finished. This one looked to small on my hand and didn't seem all that masculine... not going for a skull and crossbones or anything but just needed to be beefed up a bit.
Next was the FDM print on the right, the black print. This felt good. 6mm in width and ~2mm thick. It was a tad large for my left hand, but we resized it and printed it on the Formlabs printer for an exact replica of the file for testing out before sending it off for casting.
Once I tried it on, we were good to export it! Christine's wedding ring has been designed for a while now, and unfortunately I don't have a picture to show of those iterations, but she is very excited about it and it feels good to know we are ACTUALLY done making our rings!
We sent the files off to one of Scott's contacts to have them made from the same Platinum as Christine's engagement ring. We are expecting a 3 week lead time, so we have our fingers crossed they'll be ready before our wedding!