Christine and I were hanging out with friends and then I dropped her off at her car, and now I'm home. I'm tired, but PUMPED. I called her mom briefly while Christine stepped away and told her of my scheme, so I'm grateful to have the support from her parents in this undertaking!
- Give Christine a phony list of items to bring as a "survival kit" for my surprise for our 3 year anniversary. These items are decoys to ABSOLUTELY derail her from trying to figure out what we are doing :) Items include:
- Tennish Shoes
- Bathing Suit
- VHS/DVD Box of a favorite family movie
- 3 Tennis Balls
- Munchy breakfast foods
- Long Socks
- Pen and Paper
- A good book
- Favorite pictures of us
- I told her I'd be picking her up at 8AM sharp and that she should bring nice clothes for lunch.
- Tell her she had to be ready before she went to sleep.
- Arrive at 3AM to wake her up unexpectedly (at this point that means we'll have less than 2 hours of sleep). Christine's mom said she'd make sure I could get in as it's not a completely normal hour of the night for visitors....
- Drive 3 hours from Richmond out to Reddish Knob. It's a mountain top outside of Harrisonburg, VA that overlooks the Appalachian mountains. JMU students go all the time with clubs, friends, and just to hang out. It's really special to her, and we spent a few times up there together camping with friends and with our Bible Study. I think I'd like to add another memory to that list:)
- Spend the morning in Harrisonburg and drive home:)
At this point, I'm REALLY REALLY hoping she'll say yes:)
Goodnight! Time for a 1 hour nap, and then it's GO TIME!!!